CST 300 Journal #2

 Part 1: Review and Reflect Learning Strategy

The ADPRIMA web page on study skills to help students improve learning, understanding, and grades. It emphasizes effective study techniques without overwhelming readers and is widely used in schools and universities. The guide covers topics such as creating a study schedule, active reading methods like the SQ3R technique, the importance of a suitable study space, and effective note-taking. It also offers tips for exam preparation, including objective and essay examinations. The guide encourages a proactive and dedicated approach to education, promoting continuous improvement in study habits for academic success.

.Part 2: Preview Time Management Skills


Part 3: Project Management Basics

The presentations delivered centered on an introduction to project management, commencing with the definition of a project. They delineated the various reasons for potential project failures, including inadequate management of time, cost, and quality, as well as a failure to grasp the project's scope. 

Part 4: Check Out Previous Capstones

I thoroughly enjoyed observing the previous capstone festival, where students showcased their completed projects. Amongst the projects my favorite ones had to be PetRecs which was a tool assisting pet owners in monitoring and managing their pet's health and medical records, then the Date and Be Safe tool, which I felt like could come in handy because it allows extra security from scammer and catfishing. The last one I liked was Fantasheets which allows one to custom draft sport cheat sheets. I love sports and betting on it too so that would really be helpful for me. Overall the presentations were all unique and I can't wait to make a capstone project like that myself.

Part 5: Summarize Your Week on Your Learning Journal

During this week I tried finishing up my draft for my essay to get it out of the way. Furthermore, I wanted to finish up my other assignments to keep my main focus on the Industry Essay so I ended up finishing all of that first. While doing this I learned once you manage the time it doesn't seem too overwhelming and you don't feel rushed to get it all done. It gave me a very clear head space in the end.

OLI Module 2

For this week's OLI, it focused on certain strategies to help with team performance and better the team's collaboration skills. It gave great examples of key elements for making a well-rounded team environment For example, gender diversity, equal participation, and heightened social sensitivity. Going back to my group experiences, I realized the significance of creating a balanced equal type of group which needs one to openly express and share how they feel without judgement, but also contributing to being productive.

Comments

Popular Posts