CST 300 Weekly Journal #3

Part 1

Following my last journal entry I said I was having trouble with time management. However, reading from academictips.org I found out that there are easy ways to manage your time like to manage my time better I  can estimate the amount of time spent on each item then once I do that multiply it by seven. Finally, this will give me my one week's total time spent on the activity, and after each item's weekly time has been calculated, add all the times for the grand total up and subtract it from the total possible hours per week 168.

Part 2

The readings for this week showed me the different policies and the code of ethics for the Association for Computing Machinery. The programs' policies demonstrated how academic honesty is important and you should strive to keep academic integrity as well. Furthermore, it goes on to teachings of the policies for grading and many helpful resources you can use at CSUMB.

Part 3

The article "What a Computer Science Major Needs to Know" describes what you need to do in order to be successful with employment and graduate school. The reading continues on stating that having a portfolio helps tremendously in impressing employers and letting them know your skills. I found the read very informative and descriptive, something I'll keep in mind when applying for jobs. 

Part 4

Integrity is very important in any setting because if you don't show you have integrity then you have no credibility or trustworthiness people can believe in you. Education is important and if you cheat yourself you gain nothing from it, you must learn from your mistakes and grow from them. If you don't take having integrity seriously then trust, credibility, respect, ethical decision-making, positive reputations, and teamwork go out the door.

Comments

Popular Posts