CST 363 Weekly Journal #4

What I've Learned

Taking the course CST 363 I have learned a lot about SQL databases. For example, I learned about different ways you can type in SQL code, and how certain words and meanings in the code have relationships with other words to make them work together. Another, thing I learned recently is "Indexes" and how there are various types of indexes like a simple column index, multi-column index, and etc. All of these allow the database to find things in the database quickly. Furthermore, "SQL Joins" were very interesting because it basically combines rows from two or more tables based on related columns. Which I found out was needed for querying relational databases, where data is spread across multiple tables. Next, probably one of the ones I found most interesting and really liked was the tuple and schema classes because not only was it fairly easy to understand, but it provided the framework of the data structures and it made it easier to know how to implement these classes.

A few more questions I would have about databases would be:

How does it hold its own against data security and encryption?

How are databases used in the real-world?

How large can databases be?


Comments

Popular Posts