CST 311 Weekly Journal #3

 Weekly Journal

This week I learned about the transport layer in networking. In addition, how data transfers between hosts and processes. There was plenty to learn this week because I also learned multiplexing and demultiplexing. For example, both are needed for host-to-host communication while getting everything delivered and processed correctly. Furthermore, practicing hands-on experience in Mininet helped a lot with these concepts as well. I used traffic generation tools to model the effects of distance, bandwidth, and packet loss. All in all these activities helped give me a better understanding of the transport layer's role in ensuring reliable and efficient data transfer across the network. I feel like I'm getting a better understanding of networking and it's really cool seeing how everything comes together once they connect to one another. I'm looking forward to all the new things I'm going to learn in week four

Comments

Popular Posts